Fascia Board Soffit Repairs Charles City VACommonly failed to notice, soffit refers to the eave (alternatively overhang) of your roof structure and is required in protecting your Charles City VA home. Properly installed soffits create air flow to ventilate your attic, drive away moisture, minimize mold and mildew accumulation and prolong the life span of your roofing system.
Soffit vents are notably very important in cooler weather conditions where roofs are covered with snow for substantial periods of time and become vulnerable to entrapped moisture.
In such weather conditions, premium soffit installation will be able to maximize the life expectancy of your roof covering and wood decking.
Fascia refers to the vertical edge of the roof. It hides the rough edges of your soffit and supports attached gutters to ensure additional weather and moisture protection.
At .Roofing Repair Ecperts we offer a wide range of styles, colors and materials. This variety allows you to match soffit and fascia to your Charles City VA home’s exterior.
Here are some reasons why having fascia (in good condition) is the best option:
- Fascia provides a layer of strength to help stabilize the gutter.
- Fascia allows a place for the soffit to attach and close off the attic space
- Soffit is vented which prevents winter ice, water from entering the home, and keeps the home cooler in the summer months.
- Open rafter without fascia get screwed into the end grain of the available wood which is not as strong as screwing it into the perpendicular wood of the fascia board (more strength and stability when you are able to screw into grains of wood that run horizontally).
- Open rafters with no fascia often allow for insects and animals to find their way into your home.