Fascia Board Soffit Repairs Edinburg VAMost of the time neglected, soffit pertains to the eave (or overhang) of your rooftop and is without a doubt essential in securing your Edinburg VA home. Properly installed soffits generate air circulation to ventilate your attic, drive away humidity, eliminate mold and mildew build up as well as prolong the life of your roof.
Soffit vents are especially crucial in colder weather conditions where rooftops are blanketed with snow for substantial periods of time and end up being vulnerable to trapped moisture.
When it comes to these types of climates, top quality soffit installment can absolutely optimize the life expectancy of your roofing system and wood decking.
Fascia refers to the vertical edge of the roof. It hides the rough edges of your soffit and supports attached gutters to ensure additional weather and moisture protection.
At .Roofing Repair Ecperts we offer a wide range of styles, colors and materials. This variety allows you to match soffit and fascia to your Edinburg VA home’s exterior.
Here are some reasons why having fascia (in good condition) is the best option:
- Fascia provides a layer of strength to help stabilize the gutter.
- Fascia allows a place for the soffit to attach and close off the attic space
- Soffit is vented which prevents winter ice, water from entering the home, and keeps the home cooler in the summer months.
- Open rafter without fascia get screwed into the end grain of the available wood which is not as strong as screwing it into the perpendicular wood of the fascia board (more strength and stability when you are able to screw into grains of wood that run horizontally).
- Open rafters with no fascia often allow for insects and animals to find their way into your home.