Fascia Board Soffit Repairs Linden VAMost of the time discounted, soffit refers to the eave (in other words overhang) of your rooftop and is without a doubt crucial in safeguarding your Linden VA home. Adequately installed soffits produce air flow so as to ventilate your attic, drive out wetness, reduce the chances of mold build up and prolong the life span of your roofing system.
Soffit vents are even more so essential in cooler climates where rooftops are covered with snow for extended periods of time and become vulnerable to entrapped moisture.
Within these types of weather conditions, high quality soffit installment can absolutely improve the life expectancy of your roof and also wood decking.
Fascia refers to the vertical edge of the roof. It hides the rough edges of your soffit and supports attached gutters to ensure additional weather and moisture protection.
At .Roofing Repair Ecperts we offer a wide range of styles, colors and materials. This variety allows you to match soffit and fascia to your Linden VA home’s exterior.
Here are some reasons why having fascia (in good condition) is the best option:
- Fascia provides a layer of strength to help stabilize the gutter.
- Fascia allows a place for the soffit to attach and close off the attic space
- Soffit is vented which prevents winter ice, water from entering the home, and keeps the home cooler in the summer months.
- Open rafter without fascia get screwed into the end grain of the available wood which is not as strong as screwing it into the perpendicular wood of the fascia board (more strength and stability when you are able to screw into grains of wood that run horizontally).
- Open rafters with no fascia often allow for insects and animals to find their way into your home.