Fascia Board Soffit Repairs New Castle VATypically neglected, soffit describes the eave (alternatively overhang) of your roofing system and is definitely vital in protecting your New Castle VA home. Properly installed soffits create air circulation so as to ventilate your attic, drive away dampness, eliminate mold and mildew build up and prolong the life of your roofing system.
Soffit vents are even more so necessary in cooler climates where rooftops are covered with snow for long periods of time and end up being vulnerable to trapped moisture.
Throughout these types of environments, high quality soffit installment will be able to increase the life span of your roofing system as well as wood decking.
Fascia refers to the vertical edge of the roof. It hides the rough edges of your soffit and supports attached gutters to ensure additional weather and moisture protection.
At .Roofing Repair Ecperts we offer a wide range of styles, colors and materials. This variety allows you to match soffit and fascia to your New Castle VA home’s exterior.
Here are some reasons why having fascia (in good condition) is the best option:
- Fascia provides a layer of strength to help stabilize the gutter.
- Fascia allows a place for the soffit to attach and close off the attic space
- Soffit is vented which prevents winter ice, water from entering the home, and keeps the home cooler in the summer months.
- Open rafter without fascia get screwed into the end grain of the available wood which is not as strong as screwing it into the perpendicular wood of the fascia board (more strength and stability when you are able to screw into grains of wood that run horizontally).
- Open rafters with no fascia often allow for insects and animals to find their way into your home.