Fascia Board & Soffit Repairs Norfolk Virginia 23529Widely discounted, soffit knowns as the eave (in other words overhang) of your roofing system and is without a doubt required in preserving your Norfolk VA 23529 home. Properly installed soffits create air flow to ventilate your attic, drive away wetness, reduce the chances of mold build up and increase the life of your roof.
Soffit vents are even more essential in cold climates where rooftops are covered with snow for substantial periods of time and eventually become susceptible to trapped moisture.
Throughout such environments, quality soffit installment can absolutely increase the life span of your roof as well as wood decking.
Fascia refers to the vertical edge of the roof. It hides the rough edges of your soffit and supports attached gutters to ensure additional weather and moisture protection.
At .Roofing Repair Ecperts we offer a wide range of styles, colors and materials. This variety allows you to match soffit and fascia to your Norfolk VA 23529 home’s exterior.
Here are some reasons why having fascia (in good condition) is the best option:
- Fascia provides a layer of strength to help stabilize the gutter.
- Fascia allows a place for the soffit to attach and close off the attic space
- Soffit is vented which prevents winter ice, water from entering the home, and keeps the home cooler in the summer months.
- Open rafter without fascia get screwed into the end grain of the available wood which is not as strong as screwing it into the perpendicular wood of the fascia board (more strength and stability when you are able to screw into grains of wood that run horizontally).
- Open rafters with no fascia often allow for insects and animals to find their way into your home.