Fascia Board / Soffit Repair
Fascia Board / Soffit Repair In maryland
Normally failed to notice, soffit knowns as the eave (in other words overhang) of your roofing system and is definitely required in safeguarding your home. Adequately installed soffits produce air flow so as to ventilate your attic, drive out humidity, prevent mold accumulation as well as increase the life of your roofing system.
Soffit vents are even more so very important in colder climates where roofs are covered with snow for substantial periods of time and end up being vulnerable to trapped moisture.
In these types of climates, top quality soffit installment will be able to improve the life expectancy of your roof covering as well as wood decking.
Fascia refers to the vertical edge of the roof. It hides the rough edges of your soffit and supports attached gutters to ensure additional weather and moisture protection.
At .Roofing Repair Ecperts we offer a wide range of styles, colors and materials. This variety allows you to match soffit and fascia to your home’s exterior.
Here are some reasons why having fascia (in good condition) is the best option:
- Fascia provides a layer of strength to help stabilize the gutter.
- Fascia allows a place for the soffit to attach and close off the attic space
- Soffit is vented which prevents winter ice, water from entering the home, and keeps the home cooler in the summer months.
- Open rafter without fascia get screwed into the end grain of the available wood which is not as strong as screwing it into the perpendicular wood of the fascia board (more strength and stability when you are able to screw into grains of wood that run horizontally.
- Open rafters with no fascia often allow for insects and animals to find their way into your home.