Fascia Board / Soffit Repair
Fascia Board / Soffit Repair In maryland
Widely ignored, soffit pertains to the eave (in other words overhang) of your rooftop and is undoubtedly vital in safeguarding your home. Properly installed soffits produce air flow to ventilate your attic, drive away wetness, reduce the chances of mold and mildew accumulation as well as increase the life span of your roofing system.
Soffit vents are particularly essential in cooler weather conditions where roofing systems are blanketed with snow for substantial periods of time and become susceptible to trapped moisture.
Throughout these types of climates, superior quality soffit installment can optimize the life span of your roofing system and wood decking.
Fascia refers to the vertical edge of the roof. It hides the rough edges of your soffit and supports attached gutters to ensure additional weather and moisture protection.
At .Roofing Repair Ecperts we offer a wide range of styles, colors and materials. This variety allows you to match soffit and fascia to your home’s exterior.
Here are some reasons why having fascia (in good condition) is the best option:
- Fascia provides a layer of strength to help stabilize the gutter.
- Fascia allows a place for the soffit to attach and close off the attic space
- Soffit is vented which prevents winter ice, water from entering the home, and keeps the home cooler in the summer months.
- Open rafter without fascia get screwed into the end grain of the available wood which is not as strong as screwing it into the perpendicular wood of the fascia board (more strength and stability when you are able to screw into grains of wood that run horizontally.
- Open rafters with no fascia often allow for insects and animals to find their way into your home.